A HIGH PERFORMING ORGANISATION REQUIRES GREAT CHANGE DELIVERY CAPABILITY
In a competitive world, organisations, large, medium and small alike, are constantly on the lookout for competitive advantages and striving for efficiency and quality in performance and change delivery.
Based on extensive research and our own experience the causes of change failure can be grouped into the following categories.
Scope & outcome definition failures - the scope of the change and the desired outcomes are not defined adequately
Governance & Decision- making failures - inadequate levels of ownership, decision making or commitment to the change
Execution discipline failures - weak (or no) arrangements for issue, risk and stakeholder management and an inability to manage changes in project requirements
Delivery Partner (supplier) management failures - lack of understanding of vendors commercial imperatives, poor relationship management and inappropriate contractual agreements.
People skills, culture and capability failures - disconnection or misunderstanding between the programme/project and stakeholders, lack of accountability, and behavioural/cultural issues across teams/departments.
Using our range of proven maturity and capability diagnostic tools we can assess our client’s current capabilities, identify where they want to be in the future and implement the necessary improvements in an efficient, effective and structured way, with measurable results.
BENEFITS OF MEASURING AND UPLIFTING YOUR CHANGE CAPABILITY
Whatever the size or nature of the organisation, as its maturity increases and its processes and capabilities improve, they will be able to reap the benefits in many ways, including:
- It acts as a health check of strengths and weaknesses judged against an objective standard, not just against other organisations
- It helps you to decide what level of performance capability you need to achieve in order to meet your business needs
- It focuses on your organisation's maturity rather than specific initiatives
- It recognises achievements from investment
- It justifies investment in poriolio, programme and project management infrastructure
- It provides a roadmap for continual progression and improvement.
Other, more tangible, benefits include:
- a higher rate of return on investment
- greater production efficiency
- lower production costs
- better quality outcomes
- improved customer satisfaction
- enhanced employee morale
Our change capability practice is very much focused on helping our clients realise the above benefits. Take a look at how we go about doing this with our tried and tested diagnostic capability models and services:
Transforming Delivery Capability
Assesses the maturity of the change delivery capability and creates actionable recommendations, bespoke to our clients’ business context”
Transforming Culture & Behaviors
Assesses the current culture and beliefs, identifies and creates actionable recommendations, bespoke to our clients’ business context”